I came home from a long day of last minute shopping (and a very unwanted flat tire) to read this comment:
Ethel and I (Thomas) have nominated you for a Kreativ Blogger Award. . . . We are mainly trying to let you know how much we honor you and your work, so you may or may not chose to accept the award. That’s up to you, but we certainly think you are worthy of more than this one gesture of thanks for you and your poetry.
I don’t do awards on my blog, at least not since my earliest blogging days. Still the occasional award definitely hits the spot. Let me say, that spot needs a hit these days. Furthermore, this particular award requires that I honor blogs that I really enjoy reading, something I am more than happy to do. I’m also suppose to share more secrets about the poetic rabbit. Here are the award particulars:
For this award share 10 things about yourself that may surprise your readers to know. Then pass the award on to at least six (or more) other bloggers.
So first of all, thank you very much to Ethel and fourwindowspress, for the nomination, honor and continued encouragement. I am always encouraged by their brave and beautiful writing, and I really appreciate each of their visits and comments on my posts. I’m still working on that sonnet, Thomas. It will show up one of these days.of
My nominees for Kreativ Blogger Award, just small sample of the blogs I love to visit and read, are:
- four winds haiga
- red dragonfly
- naming constellations
- Fëanárë and Momental Impressions
- Leslie White
- Chronicles of Dad
- Hey from Japan – Notes on Moving, Emily Cannell
I must also mention dVerse – Poet’s Pub. It’s more of a meeting place, full of prompts, poetry, history, and friends. If you like and/or write poetry, it is a must-visit site.
To those nominated, you may accept or decline as you wish. I just wanted to honor you and return a bit of the fun that I have when I come to visit you.
Now about Yousei Hime . . .
- I am enjoying a brand new, adorable pair of polka dot pajamas this winter.
- I have a collection of movies (all of them I hope).
- I would love to have an Irish Wolfhound some day.
- My father had a masters in Physics, and my mother is the only teacher to ever spank me (one of her favorite stories).
- Sushi is my favorite.
- I tuck my youngest (15) in most nights and usually with a song or a story.
- Even though I was born and raised in Texas, I hate football (sorry, Chronicles of Dad).
- My favorite work of art is Michelangelo’s Pietà.
- Throughout my schooling, I have been a greyhound, hornet, tiger and boilermaker.
- Someday I want to travel Japan and retrace one of Basho’s journeys, seeing some of what he saw and what has changed.