1. The extent of space between two objects or places; an intervening space.
When we were one what was between us?
2. The fact or condition of being apart in space; remoteness.
What permeated the skin from my soul to yours?
3. Mathematics The length or numerical value of a straight line or curve.
More than the circumference of two perfect golden circles?
a. The extent of space between points on a measured course.
From the day we met through each day after,
b. The length of a race, especially of a horserace.
until this fast approaching end, was there more than who was right?
a. A point or area that is far away:
Deep in snarled memories,
b. A depiction of a such a point or area.
repetition of “you” and “I”
6. A stretch of space without designation of limit; an expanse: a land of few hills and great distances.
7. The extent of time between two events; an intervening period.
tangling, knotting, fraying
8. A point removed in time:
until Alexander words rend Gordian vows.
9. The full period or length of a contest or game:
This is not the death we thought would be.
10. An amount of progress:
We each hold our own half
11. Difference or disagreement:
of a severed knot
12. Emotional separateness or reserve; aloofness.
with no better understanding of distance .
For Margo Roby’s Poem Tryouts: Define It